CG Mock Draft No. 2 (Top 10 only)
1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush, RB, USC - Don't believe the Mario Williams versus Bush hype. The Texans shrewdly changed the debate in Houston from Vince-or-Reggie to Mario-or-Reggie, making a Bush selection far more palatable for locals clamoring for Vince in red and blue. The team made its mind up long ago, and it'll be made official soon. Great pick, by the way. The guy will be a bona fide star.
2. New Orleans Saints - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia - Again, don't believe the hype on Mario. Poor guy's getting used more than a two-dollar hooker. The Saints need the Brick to shore up the line for Brees, and that need surpasses anything else available to them at this spot.
3. Tennessee Titans - Vince Young, QB, Texas - Word is that the Titans brass are far higher on Vince than on Matt Leinart. No word on whether that has anything to do with the fact that owner Bud Adams (who I believe still resides in Houston) still wants to stick it to Houston. Nothing would make Texans fans cringe more than to see Vince against them twice a year as a hated Titan. And that might be the biggest edge Vince has here.
4. New York Jets - Mario Williams, DE, NC State - Again, it comes down to the best available player also filling a team need. The Jets traded John Abraham, and Mario would be a great fit here. They'll need him, too, because the offense won't score too many points.
5. Green Bay Packers - AJ Hawk, LB, Ohio State - Well, Brett Favre is coming back. He won't be happy with this pick because it doesn't help the offense, but the team won't pass up Hawk over a tight end like Vernon Davis, because they already have Bubba Franks. Again, I think Hawk will be the bust of the top 10. Enjoy your farewell season, Brett...
6. San Francisco 49ers - Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland - The team needs a playmaker for QB Alex Smith. Here ya go.
7. Oakland Raiders - Matt Leinart, QB, USC - - Because you can't have Aaron Brooks as your sure-fire top QB. And because Leinart is a huge celebrity in southern California.
8. Buffalo Bills - Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida St. - Again, I have no idea who the Bills should take. I'll switch out one DT for another. Good luck with that.
9. Detroit Lions - Michael Huff, DB, Texas - Safe pick, great player, will be an instant starter.
10. Arizona Cardinals - Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt - Because Kurt Warner is as fragile as Glass Joe's jaw on Mike Tyson's Punchout.
Got a comment? Email me at email@example.com.